9.23.2006

The Cards Don't Lie! Miss Cleo Comes Out The Closet

Totally random and unexpected, I know. But Miss Cleo has decided to reveal that she likes to eat out too. Good for her.


She's known for the catchphrase "The cards never lie," and now Miss Cleo, the controversial former infomercial psychic, is finally telling some truths - - about herself.

From the late 1990s through 2002, the woman whose real name is Youree Dell Cleomili Harris was a late-night staple who, in a thick Jamaican accent, urged viewers to dial a charge-by-the-minute 900 number to have their fortunes read.

What those viewers didn't know, and what some members of her own family still don't know, is that Miss Cleo is a lesbian. Four years after the infomercials were pulled from the air under a cloud of various lawsuits and federal and state investigations, Harris says she has been inspired to come out publicly by a teenage godson.

"He and I started talking when he was concerned about coming out. He was 16. When he made the decision I told him I'd be there to support him 100%, and he embraced [coming out] wholeheartedly," Harris says. "It's a different vibe than when I was his age, being raised Catholic in an all-girls boarding school. But he was afraid of nothing, and I thought, I can't be a hypocrite. This boy is going to force me to put my money where my mouth is." (
source)






<< Home

 



 

CONTACT INFORMATION

Use don't abuse (ie. adding me to your site's mailing list). And for the love of God please stop sending mp3 files of your music. I am not Clive Davis and to be frank I probably don't want to hear the shit anyway. You should also know that I take my slow, precious time responding to email. And sometimes I don't respond at all. Fresh.crunkjuice@gmail.com
Fresh@myspace.com

LEAVE SOME $$$ ON THE NIGHT STAND

GET POSTS IN YOUR INBOX

Add to Google Add to My AOLSubscribe in Bloglines Powered by FeedBurner



Free Image and Video Hosting








RECENT ENTRIES

blog advertising is good for you


SITE ARCHIVES



Your Ad Here


FRESH PICKS